OK, since I began writing the Broken Stars series last year, I have had a general idea of where I wanted it to go. I had firm plots through book five, but I knew the end point was somewhere beyond that. Well, today, for some reason, I was thinking about it and a plot scaffold downloaded itself into my head and suddenly, I knew what I was doing. (I’m as surprised as anyone)
So, it’s going to be 7 books long. And I have titles for them all now
- All the Promised Stars (already out April 2021)
- Among the Captive Stars (already out July 2021)
- Burden of the Stars (Out November 2021)
- Between the Sacred Stars (Tentatively out Spring 2022)
- Beneath the Silent Stars (Tentatively out Fall 2022)
- The Undiscovered Stars (Tentatively out Spring 2023)
- Stars without End (Tentatively out Fall 2023)
I would really like to title book 6 War Stars but I think I would probably get sued. That does give you a hint as to the shape of the plot for that one, though.
So, that’s the Broken Stars series. I am about 20,000 words into drafting book 4 right now. The rest of these books should each be about 100,000 words (except Burden, which is around 125,000). That’s the goal, anyway.